Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Never Give Up, Be FreED"

I want to warn you that this post can be triggering depending on your situation.

No one really knows this but I do have an eating disorder and it started when I was in middle school. So I have been dealing with this issue for a very long time. I'm categorized as EDNOS which means "Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified". I have this title for a few reasons. The first one is that I'm not underweight and the second reason is because I have all three eating disorders: Binge, Bulimia, and Anorexia. I have an eating disorder because it's a control issue. I feel like my life is so unstable that I need something that I can control; this is the same reason I self harmed. I have been working hard on my self harming and that is going good but as for my eating disorder it got worse when I let go of self harming because I didn't feel like I had any alternative to feel stable. Two nights ago I went to use the bathroom and saw blood in the toilet bowl but it wasn't from my menstrual cycle. I'm not going into detail about it but I was lacking fiber in my system and low on nutrients. It hurt so badly and I lost a good bit of blood. I decided that I couldn't keep living like I am and that I need to recover from this. So here I am on my third day of recovery. I'm having issues still with the way I see my body but I've been eating small meals that are nutritious for me. Hopefully I will be able to fight this and come out on top.

I would like to say if ANYONE you know are you have an eating disorder, please come talk to me because you're not alone and you don't have to go through it alone. Also there is a bracelet that has "Never give up, be freED" on it. You can purchase this for two dollars at
http://alleyoops.tumblr.com/

Here is picture of it that I grabbed off of tumblr because mine is at my parents house waiting for me to come back so I can open the package!


"I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful."
-Charlie Chaplin; The Great Dictator


Now that is said and done I will probably make another post that isn't so depressing later.
Have an amazing day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment