Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wig Tutorial!

So here's my first actual tutorial! I hope it helps!

This tutorial will be on how to take the weight out. I find that when you take the weight out it helps manage it better and it's not as heavy. This is for any long hair wig you have that's too thick for your liking. I like to use this technique because I dislike using thinning shears on a Synthetic wig. 
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm dyslexic. >~<

Keyword: Mid-shaft- the middle of the hair.
Click Picture To See it Bigger.

 You want to start off brushing vertically. Working from the bottom to the top! 
You then want to flip it over to the other side and brush vertically again starting from the bottom to the top!

I personally like to use some product even if it's a synthetic wig. Here I'm using Silk Works Professional by Natural Therapy. You don't want to use a lot. I feel that it helps me glide through the hair easier because it's a synthetic wig. Super Skinny from Paul Mitchell will also work.

I start by working the product on the ends.
I then start working the product from the mid-shaft and run my fingers down to the bottom.
Step: 6 I like to start with a back hand motion. You want to make very small cuts while going at a diagonal. Remember SMALL cuts. We don't want it to look choppy but take the weight out.
Read the next step before cutting.
Step: 7 You then want to cut from the other side diagonally. You will be cutting similar to a V shape all together. It's important to start in the middle of the wig. You don't want a mullet. If you don't want the pink to show so much through then do a few V cuts in the blue then clip the blue up and do V cuts in the pink. You will want to make to make the amount you clip off about the same.
 Thank you for reading. I hope this helps!




1 comment: